How to pray the Franciscan Crown Rosary:
Begin with the sign of the cross (there is no creed or opening prayers)
1. At the first decade, announce the first mystery; then say one Our Father on the fifth bead
from the Cross.
2. Say one Hail Mary on each of the ten beads
3. Announce the second mystery and repeat step 2 and repeat this for all 7 decades.
4. Say Two Hail Mary’s to complete 72 years of Mary’s life on earth on the fourth and third
beads from the Cross.
6. Say Our Father on the 2nd bead from the Cross & say Hail Mary on the bead closest to the
Cross for the intentions of the Holy Father.
SEVEN JOYS OF OUR LADY
First joy of Mary: The Annunciation
Second joy of’ Mary: The Visitation
Third joy of Mary: The Nativity
Fourth joy of Mary: Adoration of the Magi
Fifth joy of Mary: Finding Jesus in the Temple
Sixth joy of Mary: The Resurrection
Seventh joy of Mary: The Crowning of Our Lady
According to Franciscan tradition, the Seven Joys of Our Lady are recited throughout the year.
However, some substitute the Seven Sorrows of Mary during penitential seasons.
The Rugged Rosaries Franciscan Crown Rosary is available here: