The St. Joseph Chaplet has 15 groups of one ivory bead and three blue beads.
A Mystery of the Rosary is contemplated while each group of beads is prayed.
How to pray the chaplet:
Make the Sign of the Cross.
On the ivory bead, announce the Mystery, and say two Hail Marys.
On each of the three blue beads, say:
“Praised and blessed be Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!”
The fifteen Mysteries of the St. Joseph Chaplet:
- The Annunciation of the Angel Gabriel to Mary
- The Visitation of Mary to St. Elizabeth
- The Nativity
- The Presentation in the Temple
- The Finding of the Child Jesus in the Temple
- The Agony in the Garden
- The Scourging at the Pillar
- The Crowning with Thorns
- The Carrying of the Cross
- Jesus' Death on the Cross
- The Resurrection of Our Lord
- The Ascension of Our Lord
- The Descent of the Holy Ghost
- The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin
- The Coronation of the Virgin
At the end you pray the following:
O God, Who has predestined St. Joseph from all eternity for the service of Thine Eternal Son and His Blessed Mother, and made him worthy to be the spouse of this Blessed Virgin and the foster father of Thy Son: we beseech Thee, through all the services he has rendered to Jesus and Mary on earth, that Thou wouldst make us worthy of his intercession and grant us to enjoy the happiness of his company in Heaven. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.